Specific tax, social and custom regimes have been introduced for economic zones, such as Mandji Island and Nkok, to promote new investment in industry, commerce and services.
Upon application when granted,
- 10-year corporate tax exemption for new companies set up in the zones, and a 25-year exemption from withholding tax, VAT, property tax and import duty.
- Ability to freely recruit foreign employees in the economic zone.
- Exoneration of lump sum minimum tax of 1 million XAF, and flat rate tax, for newly registered companies for 2 years, or more, under certain restrictions related to the type of activity, and the investments made.
- Legal guarantees, such as no discrimination between enterprises owned by nationals and those owned by foreigners and no expropriation or nationalization without just and equitable prior compensation as determined by an independent third party
- Investments in activities sectors like tourism, construction are exonerated from VAT when they invest more that 300 million XAF
Last Update : 20 of July 2022