Financial procedures manual
What is it?
It is a document that lists series of financial policies and rules which guide financial transactions and lay out how a company or an organization uses and manages its ressources or assets. It helps board of trustees, managers, and other staff to establish financial controls within the company that ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness of financial data.
How important is it?
It helps to control:
- Who authorizes specific conditions or advantage to client up to what limit?
- Who can spend what and with whose authority?
- Who records cheques received and who banks them?
- Who can spend how much and on what and what expenditure needs special permission?
- Who can recruit and for what roles, and what permissions are needed?
- Who can authorize the sale and lease of company assets?
We do it.
In the purpose of understanding better financial transaction for taxation purposes, some countries have set this as an obligation. Financial procedures manual depend on the needs and structure of the company. We accompany companies or organization to put in place control rules to optimize the use of assets.